All content on or affiliated with this site, including posts, pages, and planning documents, are licensed as CC-BY unless otherwised specified.
No comments or posts should be taken as reflecting the official position of the Open Science Collaboration, the Center for Open Science, or any other organization, unless they are explicitly marked as such. This includes comments or posts from OSC members and blog authors or moderators.
In the spirit of transparent, collaborative research, we take a light hand with comment moderation. We will, however, delete the following:
- Incomprehensible or irrelevant comments
- Comments containing abusive language, threats, or obvious trolling
- Link spam / obviously promotional links
- Fraudulent or deliberately misleading comments, including impersonation and sock-puppeting
- Illegal or harassing comments; hate speech
- Posts containing plagiarism or copyrighted material outside the bounds of fair use
- Posts disclosing unauthorized personal details about other individuals (addresses, phone numbers, etc).
We encourage intelligent, in-depth discussion. Users who show a pattern of insulting or uncivil comments, and who persist after receiving a warning from a moderator, may be banned.
Discussing research may involve criticism of an author's methods, statistics, or professional behavior. We will not delete comments simply for being critical, but we will delete ones involving unsupported allegations of improper behavior, especially fraud.
We may turn on comment moderation if we believe the system is being abused. Comments may occasionally be delayed in showing up due to automatic spam-prevention filters.